CHURCH OF ST MARGARET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1359725

Date first listed: 03-Feb-1967

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARGARET, FERRY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARGARET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359725 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 12:15:02.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARGARET, FERRY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Langriville

National Grid Reference: TF 26109 48695

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 24 NE LANGRIVILLE FERRY ROAD Langrick (west side)

9/22 Church of St. Margaret 3.2.67 II

Parish church. 1828, probably by Jeptha Pacey, repaired and altered 1885. Red brick, some render to plinth. Slate roofs. Brick coped gables with kneelers. Modillion frieze under the eaves. Moulded plinth. Buttressed. Nave, west porch and small chancel. West bellcote with 4 centred arch flanked by single piers with single narrow blind recessed arched panels to each side. Modillion frieze over with single central small gables to east and west. Topped with stepped gable and single cross. Angle buttressed porch with chamfered pointed arched entrance. Inner 4 centred arched doorway with door with pointed arched panels. Above the porch is a single rectangular recessed blind panel with Tudor style hood mould, over is a single narrow rect- angular opening. The north nave of 3 bays divided by buttresses, each bay with single pointed arched 2 light window with wooden cusped panel tracery. The east nave has a single blind recessed chamfered 4 centred arched panel to the right of the chancel. The apex of the nave with single small rectangular opening. The east chancel with single similar smaller 2 light window with 2 C19 slate memorials under. The south nave corresponds to the north. Interior. Chamfered chancel arch. Pews with pointed arched panels. Cl9 octagonal ashlar font. This church was one of many built in this area after the Fen Churches Act of 1816.

Listing NGR: TF2610948695

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 196235

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing