ENTRANCE PIERS IN GROUNDS OF KINGERBY MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1359813

Date first listed: 03-Jan-1985

Statutory Address: ENTRANCE PIERS IN GROUNDS OF KINGERBY MANOR, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of ENTRANCE PIERS IN GROUNDS OF KINGERBY MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359813 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 03:52:45.

Location

Statutory Address: ENTRANCE PIERS IN GROUNDS OF KINGERBY MANOR, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Osgodby

National Grid Reference: TF 05721 92829

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 09 SE OSGODBY MAIN STREET (south side) 8/32 Kingerby Entrance piers in grounds of Kingerby Manor

G.V. II

Pair of entrance piers, formerly cross base and shaft, and 4 pinnacles set out in a line; 1451, late C18. Ashlar; on the right hand side is a square base which is inscribed "CON: AD 1451" on the left hand face, with a Chirho symbol and omega on the front face, and with a fleury cross in a circle and "Dei" and "Ora" on the right hand face. On top of the base is a weathered cross shaft. To the right of this pier are 4 C15 crocketed pinnacles set in a line in the ground. The left hand entrance pier is also a square C15 base on which has been set a decorative stone pine cone of late C18 date. The C15 fragments came from PONS EPISCOPI, the former medieval Bishops Bridge over the River Ancholme about 2 miles west of Kingerby. They are likely to have been moved to their present position, where they form an entrance opposite the church gates, during C19.

Listing NGR: TF0572192829

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 196512

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing