NUMBER 24 HOLLY HOUSE ENTRANCE PIERS AND GATES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1359830
Date first listed:
01-Nov-1966
Date of most recent amendment:
24-Jan-1985
Statutory Address:
NUMBER 24 HOLLY HOUSE ENTRANCE PIERS AND GATES, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUMBER 24 HOLLY HOUSE ENTRANCE PIERS AND GATES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359830 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-May-2019 at 08:23:15.

Location

Statutory Address:
NUMBER 24 HOLLY HOUSE ENTRANCE PIERS AND GATES, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
West Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Caistor
National Grid Reference:
TA 11759 01433

Details

TA 1001-1101 CAISTOR HIGH STREET (North Side)

9/59 No 24 Holly House entrance piers 1-11-66 and gates. ( Formerly listed as Holly House) G.V. II

House, now also dental surgery. Early C19, brick with stucco dressings; concrete tiled roof with raised stone coped gables and 2 brick end stacks; L-plan. 3 storey 5 bay front with stucco plinth and dentillated eaves course. Central 6 panelled door, 5 steps up, with petaloid traceried fanlight, dentillated wooden panelled reveals, flanked by ¼ engaged Tuscan Doric columns with plain entablature and open pediment, flanked by 2 glazing bar sashes. On the first floor are 5 glazing bar sashes and on the second floor 5 smaller similar windows. All windows have splayed stucco lintels with raised keystones. To left of front is a gateway with flanking rusticated stucco walls containing 4 centred arches with decorative doors with pierced arabesques. 4 gate piers terminate in moulded square capstones.

Listing NGR: TA1175901433

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
196609
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].