24, 26 AND 26A, CORNMARKET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1359879
Date first listed:
02-Nov-1954
Date of most recent amendment:
18-Feb-1974
Statutory Address:
24, 26 AND 26A, CORNMARKET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 24, 26 AND 26A, CORNMARKET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359879 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 20:04:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
24, 26 AND 26A, CORNMARKET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Louth
National Grid Reference:
TF 32804 87340

Details

CORNMARKET 1. 1348 (South Side) Nos 24, 26 & 26A (Formerly listed as Nos 22 & 24) TF 38 NW 1/33 2.11.54. II GV 2. Early C19. 2 storeys in brick with shallow-pitched hipped slate roof, dentilled eaves. 5 equally spaced windows to 1st floor, semi-circular headed hung sash windows, plain case almost flush with face, glazing bars, semi-circular-arched head with keystone. Continuous band below the windows. Ground floor was designed as 5 shops or offices with a continuous fascia and simple doorways with good panelled doors, and windows with glazing bars, the whole well proportioned. At the West end the corner is cut away and there is a semi-circular-headed doorway, late door. 3-light window with hung sashes and rendered lintel with keystone round corner. NMR. Nos 2 to 26A (even) form a group.

Listing NGR: TF3280487340

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
194918
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/07236/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Trevor Sowray. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].