OLD HALL STABLES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1359913

Date first listed: 15-Nov-1973

Date of most recent amendment: 06-Sep-1985

Statutory Address: OLD HALL STABLES

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD HALL STABLES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359913 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 10:59:59.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD HALL STABLES

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Gautby

National Grid Reference: TF 17690 72022

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GAUTBY GAUTBY GREAT PARK TF 17 SE 3/18 Old Hall Stables 15-11-73 (Formerly listed as "The Old Stables" at Gautby) G.V. II Former stable block to Gautby Hall, now house and garages. Built for the Vyner family in 1756 with C20 alterations. Red brick with some ashlar dressings, pantile roof with raised stone coped gables, that on the right having stepped top, and gable stack to left, and a single ridge stack. At the rear is an external wall stack. 2 storey 10 bay front, at the left are 6 basket arches with ashlar impost blocks, 3 have C20 double planked doors and 3 are blocked, containing C20 sash windows. To the right are 4 semi-circular headed openings, containing C20 glazing bar sashes. The heads are original, but 2 of the openings have been extended from Diocletian windows. To first floor are 8 C20 glazing bar sashes with segmental heads. In the right hand gable which has 2 brick bands are 2 deeply set semi-circular headed arches with ashlar impost and key blocks, now containing C20 windows and above are 2 C20 glazing bar sashes. The rear elevation has been altered in C20 but still contains 4 oval lights at first floor level. Interior retains at right hand end its original oak pegged staggered butt purlin roof. Gautby Hall was demolished in 1872 and the stable block is the sole survivor of the main Park buildings.

Listing NGR: TF1769072022

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195203

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing