CHURCH OF ST MARGARET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1359920
Date first listed:
14-Sep-1966
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARGARET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARGARET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359920 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 07:15:16.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARGARET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Waddingworth
National Grid Reference:
TF 18515 71222

Details

WADDINGWORTH TF 17 SE 3/61 Church of St. Margaret 14-9-66 II Parish mortuary chapel, now closed and used as a store. C14, 1808, 1913 restoration by H. F. Traylen. Squared greenstone rubble with ashlar dressings and brick patching, pantile and plain tiled roofs. Nave with western bellcote, chancel. The west end is surmounted by an ashlar gabled bellcote with a pointed opening containing a single bell. The double doors are set in a pointed opening with timber Y tracery over. Built into the stonework over the door is the carved top of a C13 foliate cross grave slab. The nave has pantile roof and chancel is plain tiled, both have blank north walls. The 2 light east window has C14 cusped heads with quatrefoil over. The south windows are 2 light with pointed brick arches and timber Y tracery. Interior retains C13 font and C19 Commandment Board.

Listing NGR: TF1851571222

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
195243
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/08377/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek E. Godson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].