OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1359951

Date first listed: 24-Feb-1986

Statutory Address: OLD RECTORY, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359951 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 03:09:27.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD RECTORY, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Welton Le Wold

National Grid Reference: TF 27317 87232

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WELTON LE WOLD CHURCH LANE TF 28 NE (east side) 7/47 Old Rectory G.V. II

Former rectory, now house. 1853 with later C19 addition to left. By S. S. Teulon. Red brick with painted black bitumen bands and voussoirs to relieving arches, ashlar dressings, coped slate roof, single projecting ridge and gable stacks, 2 having diamond set shafts. Parallel ranges. 2 storey with plinth, irregular 6 bay front with to right a projecting chimney, and the 5th and 6th bays are advanced and gabled. Off centre double chamfered Tudor outer arch having a surround supported on wall shafts rising to a pierced cusped ogee over arch with floriate crockets and finial. The inner arch is single chamfered and at right angles to the outer one. To left of the outer door is a sunk carved panel in chamfered surround with grape vine and scrolled motto and initialled "EWH". To right of the door is a 2 light window with segmental and pointed brick relieving arches above. To the left of the entry bay are a single and 3 two light windows. The principal window has a pointed relieving arch with herringbone tympanum. To first floor are 3 single light and a single 2 light windows. The principal window has a herringbone relieving arch under a gable. Over the door is a 2 light oriel window with corbelled out base, central brick pendant and slate pitched roof. Above is an ashlar quatrefoil dated "1853". All windows have chamfered ashlar mullions and transoms and single chamfered surrounds. Beyond to the left is a later C19 2 bay 2 storey extension. To right hand gable is a rectangular 3 light bay window and beyond a cusped and trefoil traceried window in the base of the chimney stack, and to rear is a further canted bay window. Interior. The sitting room retains Tudor arched marble fireplace with traceried sliding mirror over to conceal the window at night. The staircase has pierced ornate splay balusters and chamfer stopped newels with moulded tops and the landing over has moulded arch braced roof with pendants. The rectory was built by Edmund William Hughes, Rector from 1842- 1854.

Listing NGR: TF2731787232

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195299

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing