SCHOOL AND SCHOOLMASTER'S HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1359970
Date first listed:
06-Feb-1986
Statutory Address:
SCHOOL AND SCHOOLMASTER'S HOUSE, SIXHILLS LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of SCHOOL AND SCHOOLMASTER'S HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359970 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2019 at 14:03:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
SCHOOL AND SCHOOLMASTER'S HOUSE, SIXHILLS LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Hainton
National Grid Reference:
TF 17932 84904

Details

HAINTON SIXHILLS LANE TF 18 SE (north side) 2/23 School and schoolmaster's house II School and attached schoolhouse. 1846-7, enlarged 1886. Coursed limestone rubble, limestone ashlar dressings. Slate roofs with stone coped gables with projecting gable stacks with tall polygonal ashlar shafts with rippled edges. School to right of single storey, 5 bay front with second and fourth and fifth bays to left projecting far forward. Doorway in right return of second bay to left, with moulded four centred head, rectangular hood mould and plank door. 2 light rectangular window to left. Single window in end bay to right with 3 round headed lights and hood mould. Similar window to left of projecting bay with single light windows with pointed heads flanking projecting stack. Schoolmaster's house set back a little to left, attached to school with doorway to right with four centred head, hood mould and plankd door. Small gabled bellcote above with bell opening with Caernarvon head and bell. 2 storey, 2 bay school house to left with 2 windows, each of 3 lights with pointed heads. 2 windows above, each of 2 pointed lights. Heneage coat of arms set between.

Listing NGR: TF1793284904

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
195398
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].