QUEEN ELIZABETH GRAMMAR SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1359981
Date first listed:
30-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
QUEEN ELIZABETH GRAMMAR SCHOOL, STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of QUEEN ELIZABETH GRAMMAR SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359981 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 13:26:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
QUEEN ELIZABETH GRAMMAR SCHOOL, STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Alford
National Grid Reference:
TF 44895 75694

Details

ALFORD STATION ROAD TF 4475-4576 (south east side) 6/33 Queen Elizabeth Grammar School

II

Grammar school. 1881, with minor early C20 addition. Yellow Farlesthorpe brick with red brick polychromatic bands, ashlar dressings, decorative tiled roofs, wooden shingled bellcote and 3 tall ribbed yellow brick ridge stacks. H-plan. 2 storey, 5 bay front, the left hand 2 bays and the right hand bay being advanced and separately gabled with plain bargeboards arranged in a lattice pattern at the gable. The left hand gable has a wood shingled bellcote with arched timber framework and tall spirelet. 2 central 2 light glazing bar casements have to the left 2 taller glazing bar casement and to the right a similar plain 2 light window. To the first floor 2 adjacent central 3 light glazing bar casements to eaves, to left 2 two light casements and to right a single 2 light casement. The windows have flat brick or ashlar heads and brick relieving arches over. In the 2 gables are single ashlar ventilation panels. To the right hand side front is a 6 panelled door with overlight and side lights, over which is a projecting gabled bay supported on 4 carved brackets. To the left hand side front, partly obscured by an early C20 single storey extension is a projecting and gabled bay with an inscribed ashlar panel "Erected AD 1881".

Listing NGR: TF4489575694

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
195556
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Jan 2002
Reference: IOE01/05891/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Harris. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].