STABLE BLOCK AT ABBEY FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1359989
Date first listed:
17-Nov-1986
Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK AT ABBEY FARMHOUSE, SOUTH COCKERINGTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK AT ABBEY FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359989 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 21:22:05.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK AT ABBEY FARMHOUSE, SOUTH COCKERINGTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Keddington
National Grid Reference:
TF 35229 88760

Details

KEDDINGTON SOUTH COCKERINGTON TF 38 NE ROAD (south side) 8/36 Stable block at Abbey Farmhouse II

Stable block. 1663, late C18, early C19. Colourwashed red brick. Pantile roof with decorated eaves and coped gables. 2 storey, 8 bay front with 2 large doorways to right with segmental heads and double plank doors. Large doorway beyond with wooden lintel and double plank doors. 2 small doorways to left, that to right with partially glazed door, that to left with plank door. Glazing bar casement beyond with segmental head. Large doorway to left with plank doors and segmental head. 2 small glazing bar casements above to right with round heads filled with blind, pointed tracery. 2 small glazing bar casements beyond to left, both with wooden lintels. 4 small glazing bar windows to left, all with segmental heads. Carriage archway to right with segmental head and plaque with coat of arms, illegible inscription and date '1663' inscribed, re-set above archway to south.

Listing NGR: TF3522988760

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
195478
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].