CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1359993

Date first listed: 09-Jul-1986

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359993 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 16:09:54.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Mablethorpe and Sutton

National Grid Reference: TF 51409 83634

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 58 SW MABLETHORPE AND SUTTON CHURCH LANE, Trusthorpe 6/13 Church of St. Peter 31.5.66 II Parish church. C14, 1522, 1606, 1842, 1941. Red brick with ashlar dressings, slate roofs. Western tower, nave, chancel, vestry. The 3 stage tower of 1606 has stepped corner buttresses, one offset and a battlemented parapet with ashlar corner pinnacles. The single belfry lights have semi-circular heads. Set in the wall of the second stage are 4 inscribed ashlar stones, probably recording the names of the church wardens and builders. The west door consists of a medieval double chamfered pointed arch reset in a chamfered brick surround with hood mould. Just below the offset to the second stage is an ashlar datestone inscribed "1606 Anthone Swell". The nave dates from 1842 and has 3 pointed windows to either side, timber tracery and stone hoods. The 1941 chancel has a pair of lancets on the north side and a 3 light east window. Vestry on the north side of the chancel. Interior. Plain double chamfered tower arch with beside it a C14 statue bracket. The chancel arch has late C14 octagonal imposts but is otherwise C20. At the west end of the nave is a timber gallery supported on 2 turned pillars, having a panelled front. All fittings are C19 or C20, including Royal Arms of 1842 in gallery. The octagonal font is c.1400 with panelled stem and cusped ogee panel tracery to the sides. In the tower is a rectangular stone plaque bearing the inscription of the construction of a porch in 1522. At the east end of the nave is a Gothic wall monument in brass and stone, to William Loft d.1854.

Listing NGR: TF5140983634

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195618

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing