METHODIST CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1360002
Date first listed:
25-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
METHODIST CHAPEL, CHAPEL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of METHODIST CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1360002 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Jul-2019 at 12:08:17.

Location

Statutory Address:
METHODIST CHAPEL, CHAPEL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Hemingby
National Grid Reference:
TF 23827 74619

Details

TF 27 SW HEMINGBY CHAPEL LANE (north side) 1/3 Methodist Chapel

II

Wesleyan Methodist chapel. 1859. Red brick, some painted ashlar. Overhanging slate roof. Single storey, 4 bay south front with doorway in gabled brick porch to right. Pointed doorway with ashlar quoins, moulded brick porch to right. Pointed doorway with ashlar quoins, moulded brick hood mould and label stops and double plank door. Plaque above inscribed "Wesleyan Methodist Chapel 1859". 2 windows to the left, single window to the right, all with pointed heads with intersecting tracery and glazing bar sashes. West front with single pointed window with glazing bars and intersecting tracery. East front with 2 pointed windows with glazing bars and intersecting tracery. All the windows with painted ashlar quoins and moulded brick hood moulds with label stops.

Listing NGR: TF2382774619

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
195660
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/08422/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Roger H Mockford. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].