GREENWAYS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1360011
Date first listed:
09-Jul-1986
Statutory Address:
GREENWAYS, WITHERN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of GREENWAYS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1360011.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2019 at 20:31:08.

Location

Statutory Address:
GREENWAYS, WITHERN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Gayton Le Marsh
National Grid Reference:
TF 42138 82929

Details

TF 48 SW GAYTON LE MARSH WITHERN ROAD 4/4 Greenways II Former rectory, now house. 1834, with minor C20 alterations. Painted brick, hipped concrete tiled roof, with 2 tall ridge stacks. L-plan. 2 storey, 3 bay front, with overhanging eaves, plinth, first floor band and corbelled out cornice. The central bay is advanced and pedimented. The central C20 double glazed doors, with overlight, are set in a projecting porch with moulded parapet having small central pediment with scrolls to either side. The semi-circular headed outer doorway has large imposts and is flanked by tall rectangular recesses. To either side of the porch are single semi-circular recesses containing semi- circular headed glazing bar sashes. To first floor are 3 glazing bar sashes. In the central pediment is a rectangular datestone with 1834 in raised letters and indecipherable initials. To the left at right angles is a lower 2 storey 3 bay range, with very tall chimney. To ground floor are 2 semi- circular headed niches, one with fanlight, separated by planked opening and to left double doors. To first floor are 3 glazing bar sashes with cambered brick heads.

Listing NGR: TF4213882929

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
195610
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].