PAIR OF TOMBS AT EAST END OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL (ALBERIC DRUMMOND WILLOUGHBY AND EARL OF ANCASTER)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1360078

Date first listed: 15-Dec-1986

Statutory Address: PAIR OF TOMBS AT EAST END OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL (ALBERIC DRUMMOND WILLOUGHBY AND EARL OF ANCASTER), MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of PAIR OF TOMBS AT EAST END OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL (ALBERIC DRUMMOND WILLOUGHBY AND EARL OF ANCASTER)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1360078 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 11:42:17.

Location

Statutory Address: PAIR OF TOMBS AT EAST END OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL (ALBERIC DRUMMOND WILLOUGHBY AND EARL OF ANCASTER), MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven (District Authority)

Parish: Edenham

National Grid Reference: TF0624421839

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EDENHAM MAIN STREET TF 02 SE (east side)

7/137 Pair of tombs at east end of Church of St. Michael (Alberic Drummond Willoughby and Earl of Ancaster)

G.V. II

Pair of tomb chests. 1870 and 1910. Ashlar. The southern tomb is to Alberic Drummond Willougby, d.1870. The chest has plain side panels, with shield and heraldic devices to the ends. The gabled top of the tomb is carved to represent tegulae. The northern tomb is to The Earl of Ancaster, d.1910. The sides of the chest have inscribed oval panels, flanked by fluted vasiform pilasters. The roundels at each end contain heraldic devices.

Listing NGR: TF0624421839

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 194111

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing