THIMLEBY ALMSHOUSES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1360107
Date first listed:
30-Oct-1968
Statutory Address:
THIMLEBY ALMSHOUSES, SWINSTEAD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THIMLEBY ALMSHOUSES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1360107 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2019 at 18:29:08.

Location

Statutory Address:
THIMLEBY ALMSHOUSES, SWINSTEAD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Irnham
National Grid Reference:
TF 02560 26513

Details

IRNHAM SWINSTEAD ROAD TF 0226-0326 (west side)

13/189

30.10.68 Thimleby Almshouses

G.V. II

Almshouses. 1712 with C20 restoration. Squared limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings, plain tiled roof, raised stone coped gables, 2 ridge and 2 gable moulded stone stacks. Single storey, 13 bay front, the middle 3 bays being gabled. Central door with, on the lintel "The Gift of John Thimleby Esqr 1712" inscribed. Flanked by a pair of windows and a door repeated once. The doorways are simply chamfered and have low pediments. There are 3 original planked doors remaining. Windows are of 2 lights with chamfered mullions, plain lights and casements. John Thimleby, buried at Irnham Church in 1712, was the last of his line at Irnham Hall.

Listing NGR: TF0256026513

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
194163
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/02921/36
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David H Schofield. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].