THE FORTESCUE ARMS PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1360118
Date first listed:
22-Jan-1987
Statutory Address:
THE FORTESCUE ARMS PUBLIC HOUSE, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE FORTESCUE ARMS PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1360118 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 10:48:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE FORTESCUE ARMS PUBLIC HOUSE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Billingborough
National Grid Reference:
TF 11659 34097

Details

BILLINGBOROUGH HIGH STREET TF 1034-1134 (east side) 4/23 The Fortescue Arms Public House II

2 houses with single storey range to south, now public house. Early C18, early C19, 1855, C20. Colourwashed rubble and brick. Pantile and slate roofs with decorative brick eaves, 2 ridge stacks and single gable stacks. 2 storey with attics, 5 bay front plus 2 bay single storey rubble range to south, raised in brick in 1855. Doorway to left with pilastered doorcase, hood supported on richly scrolled brackets and plain, double plank doors. Doorway flanked by single mid C19 canted bay windows each with 3 plain sashes. 2 mid C19 canted bay windows each with 3 plain sashes, beyond to right. 3 glazing bar sashes above to left with a 3 light casement to the right with a 2 light casement beyond,all with segmental heads. 2 glazing bar sashes in raised mid C19 bays to right, both with wooden lintels and datestone inscribed: "1855" below. 2 gabled dormers above to left, with small glazing bar sashes.

Listing NGR: TF1165934097

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
194237
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Apr 2007
Reference: IOE01/15939/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter D. Dewar. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].