HARBY HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1360141
Date first listed:
30-Oct-1968
Statutory Address:
HARBY HOUSE, STAINFIELD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HARBY HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1360141 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Jul-2019 at 18:15:02.

Location

Statutory Address:
HARBY HOUSE, STAINFIELD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Morton & Hanthorpe
National Grid Reference:
TF 08530 23988

Details

In the entry for: MORTON HANTHORPE LANE TF 02 SE (south side) 8/148 Hanby Farmhoues (formerly listed 30.10.68 as Harby House) GV II

The address shall be amended to read:

TF 02 SE MORTON STAINFIELD ROAD (south side) Hanthorpe 8/148 Harby House 30.10.68 GV II

------------------------------------

MORTON HANTHORPE LANE TF 02 SE (south side) 8/148 Hanby Farmhouse (formerly listed as Harby House) 30.10.68 G.V. II

Farmhouse. 1745, mid C19, C20. Coursed limestone rubble, limestone ashlar dressings. Concrete tile roofs with stone coped gables and ashlar gable stacks and single brick ridge stack to rear. L-plan. 2 storey, 3 bay front plus plain lean-to bay to left. Central doorway with quoined surround, ashlar lintel and raised keystone, blocked, and with 2 light casement inserted. Round ashlar plaque above doorway inscribed "Mary Hanby 1745". Doorway flanked by single 3 light casements, 2 similar windows above flank a narrower blocked window on each side; all with ashlar lintels with raised keystone.

Listing NGR: TF0853023988

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
194362
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/09389/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Patrick Banister. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].