10 AND 12, CHAPEL LANE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1360146
Date first listed:
22-Jan-1987
Statutory Address:
10 AND 12, CHAPEL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of 10 AND 12, CHAPEL LANE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1360146 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 06:06:17.

Location

Statutory Address:
10 AND 12, CHAPEL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Folkingham
National Grid Reference:
TF 07112 33574

Details

FOLKINGHAM CHAPEL LANE TF 0633-0733 (west side) 2/62 Nos.10 and 12 G.V. II

3 cottages, now 2 cottages. 1796, early C19, C20. Limestone rubble, some limestone ashlar. Pantile roof with single ridge and single gable stacks. 2 storeys, 5 bay east front with through passageway to right re-using ashlar dressings of 1796 with semi-circular head, moulded ashlar architrave with flaming urn in position of keystone. 2 plain sashes to left, that to the left partially blocked. C20 doorway to left with partially glazed door; single glazing bar sash beyond. 2 plain sashes above with small C20 2 light casement in between. 6 bay west front with other side of through passage to left with semi- circular head, moulded ashlar architrave with flaming urn in position of keystone. Doorway to right with panelled door with glazing bar sash beyond. C20 glazed door with glazing bars to right with C20 2 light casement beyond. Lean-to C20 glazed porch to right with plank door. 5 plain sashes above alternate with 3 re-used sculpted fragments, that to the left dated 1796, and including helmet, plumage and stylised floral motifs.

Listing NGR: TF0711233574

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
194276
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/07207/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Patrick Banister. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].