Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1360171.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2021 at 01:22:01.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

South Kesteven (District Authority)
Market Deeping
National Grid Reference:
TF 14160 09872


TF 1409-1509 MARKET DEEPING HIGH STREET (north side)

14/160 The Laurels


House, now rest home for the elderly. C18, c.1800, c.1830, 1875. Squared yellow limestone rubble with limestone ashlar quoins and dressings. Collyweston slate roof with moulded raised stone coped gables, pinnacles. 2 valley stacks each with 4 moulded octagonal shafts. Parallel range plan. 2 storey, 4 bay front, the left hand 3 bays are c.1830 and slightly advanced. Plinth, moulded first floor band, moulded parapets. Off-centre door with cusped panels and tall narrow side lights, covered by ashlar flat roofed porch with 4 centred outer arch, octagonal pilasters supporting a coped parapet, flanked by single 2 storey rectangular bay windows with shaped gables and pinnacles with single 3 light windows to each floor, all with moulded hoods and trefoils in the gables. Over the porch is a mullioned and transomed margin light casement, with moulded hood and decorative stops, and above a shield and moulded wall stack. To the right a 2 storey rectangular bay window with 4 lights to each floor and in the shaped gable over a shield bearing the initials WPN and date 1875 in raised letters. At the rear is a c.1800 bow window with Gothick frieze and a tall window with Gothick tracery lighting the stair.

Listing NGR: TF1416009872


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/03696/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Garratt. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].