THE GREY HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1360176
Date first listed:
30-Oct-1968
Statutory Address:
THE GREY HOUSE, 18, STAMFORD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE GREY HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1360176 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 15:54:01.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE GREY HOUSE, 18, STAMFORD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Market Deeping
National Grid Reference:
TF 13660 09956

Details

TF 1209-1309 MARKET DEEPING STAMFORD ROAD (north side)

13/182 No.18 (The Grey House) 30.10.68 II

House. 1681, raised mid C18, altered early C19 and C20. Coursed squared limestone rubble, ashlar quoins and dressings. Collyweston slate roofs having stone coped gables and 3 ashlar gable stacks, the central one lowered. L-plan. 2 storey, irregular 4 bay front, the right hand 2 bays are taller, and have been raised. Off-centre 6 panel door having traceried fanlight, panelled reveals and open dentillated pediment on fluted and reeded wooden pilasters, flanked by single tripartite bow windows, glazing bar sashes with Gothick arched and dentillated friezes and flat lead roof. Beyond to the left a C20 4 light glazing bar casement. To first floor on the left 2 three light C20 glazing bar casements and to the right 2 C18 glazing bar sashes having ashlar lintels with keystones.

Listing NGR: TF1366009956

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
194567
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/03693/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Garratt. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].