CHURCH LEES FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1360325
Date first listed:
20-Sep-1984
Statutory Address:
CHURCH LEES FARMHOUSE, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH LEES FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1360325 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Sep-2019 at 06:02:20.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH LEES FARMHOUSE, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Heydour
National Grid Reference:
TF0090339624

Details

TF 03 NW HEYDOUR MAIN STREET (north side) 3/14 Church Lees Farmhouse

II

Possibly former rectory, now farm house; c.1700 with major alterations and addition in c.1800. Ashlar with hipped slate roof and deeply overhanging eaves to main block, Collyweston slate roof with brick gable stack to c.1700 block. 2 bay 1 1/2 storey original front with C20 glazed door and to left a 3 light casement. Above a 3 light Yorkshire sash to eaves. To the right the main c.1800 front of 2 1/2 storeys with 3 bays having central 6 panelled door with 3 paned overlight, flanked by single glazing bar sashes. Above door a blocked window forming a niche in which there stands a C14 carved figure of a musician, flanked by single glazing bar sashes. Above are three smaller glazing bar sashes. A reused stone in the facade, placed upside down, is inscribed "RC 1777". Interior has shield stopped beams in 1700 part and shutters with panelled reveals in 1800 part.

Listing NGR: TF0090339623

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
193229
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/10220/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek E. Godson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].