DENTON MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1360335
Date first listed:
21-Sep-1979
Statutory Address:
DENTON MANOR HOUSE, HARSTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of DENTON MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1360335.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2019 at 01:09:10.

Location

Statutory Address:
DENTON MANOR HOUSE, HARSTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Denton
National Grid Reference:
SK 86145 32482

Details

DENTON HARSTON ROAD SK 8632-8732 (south side) 10/56 Denton Manor House 21.9.79 G.V. II House. C17, but with extensive alterations and additions of 1953, and 1965, by Marshall Sisson for Sir Bruno Welby. Coursed ironstone rubble with ashlar quoins and Collyweston diminishing coursed slate roof with stone coped gables and single ashlar ridge and gable stacks. L-plan. 2 storey with attics, 5 bay front, the left hand end bay is an addition of 1953, advanced and separately gabled. Chamfered stone plinth. Off-centre C20 planked door set in chamfered ashlar surround with moulded cornice. To right a 4 light window. To left, beyond the garden wall, 2 further 4 light windows and in the advanced bay 2 pairs of C20 French doors. To first floor are 3 three light windows and beyond to the left a C20 glazing bar 3 light window. In the gabled dormer with finials, to the right, is a 2 light window. All windows have chamfered mullions and moulded cornices. There have been 3 former houses in Denton Park. The last one, built in 1883 by Sir Arthur Blomfield was demolished c.1940.

Listing NGR: SK8614532482

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
193297
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].