39-41, ST MARTIN'S

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1360409
Date first listed:
22-May-1954
Statutory Address:
39-41, ST MARTIN'S

Map

Ordnance survey map of 39-41, ST MARTIN'S
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1360409 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 19:22:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
39-41, ST MARTIN'S

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Stamford
National Grid Reference:
TF 03192 06533

Details

1. 1671 ST MARTIN'S (West Side) Nos 39 to 41 (consec) TF 0306 2/222 22.5.54. II GV 2. C17. 2 storeys and attic in cement-rendered stone. 4 canted bays of 3 storeys with hipped roofs. 3 have 4-light mullioned and transomed windows to each storey; the 4th, a larger bay, has an 8-light window. The entrance to No 40 is between the 2nd and 3rd bay from the South end down 2 steps, with 6-panel door in moulded stone surround and semi-circular hood on moulded brackets. No 41, at the North end of the block, has a 6-panel door with glazed fanlight in a C19 Tudor porch said to be from Corn Exchange of 1889, Broad Street, and South of the porch a small 2-light mullioned window, One semi-dormer. The door to No 39 is to the side with C19 dripmould and 2 paired windows under dripmould with "Gothic" glazing. Rear of No 39 is a C19 extension.

Nos 39 to 43 (consec), Garden Wall to no 43, No 44, Wall to No 44, Nos 45 to 70 (consec), Garden Wall to Nos 68 and 69 with Burghley Almshouses form a group.

Listing NGR: TF0319206533

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
193692
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Jun 2003
Reference: IOE01/10856/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Harris. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].