66 AND 67, ST MARTINS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1360414
Date first listed:
22-May-1954
Statutory Address:
66 AND 67, ST MARTINS

Map

Ordnance survey map of 66 AND 67, ST MARTINS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1360414 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 19:39:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
66 AND 67, ST MARTINS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Stamford
National Grid Reference:
TF 03065 06815

Details

1. 1671 ST MARTIN'S (West Side) Nos 66 and 67 TF 0306 1/234 22.5.54. II* GV 2. C17 and C18 pair of houses in ashlar, Stone slate roof, 2 storeys and attics. Good moulded cornice and parapet, 4 hipped dormers. Rusticated pilasters through both storeys at end and centre, and stone band between. 8 windows, upper storey windows having moulded shouldered architraves with triple keystones and double-hung sash windows with original thick glazing bars. Rusticated arches with keystone on ground floor, no glazing bars. Panelled doors under rectangular fanlights in rusticated architraves with pediments. Fanlight to No 67 is blocked. Stone plinth with moulded capping. No 66 has 2 stone steps and No 67 has curved steps with small wrought iron railings.

Nos 39 to 43 (consec), Garden Wall to No 43, No 44, Wall to No 44, Nos 45 to 70 (consec), Garden Wall to Nos 68 and 69 with Burghley Almshouses form a group.

Listing NGR: TF0306506815

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
193711
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Jun 2003
Reference: IOE01/10857/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Harris. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].