CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1360959
Date first listed:
14-Aug-1953
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARY, STAINES ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1360959.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Feb-2020 at 16:32:05.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARY, STAINES ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Hounslow (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 08481 73684

Details

1. 4419 STAINES ROAD, BEDFONT (East Bedfont)

Church of St Mary

TQ 0873 39/400 14.8.53.

II

2. Norman, with original chancel, retaining chancel arch and 1 window, and part of original nave retaining good South doorway. Wall paintings of circa 1300 to North of chancel arch. Mediaeval King-post roofs to nave and chancel. Pleasant series of tablets of C18 and early C19 date, and brass to William Page and Isabell his mother 1629-32. Gravestones and table tombs of C18 and later date in churchyard and pair of yew trees, formerly clipped and originally bearing initials and the date of 1704. The church was enlarged in the early C19 on the North side and again circa 1865 when the nave was lengthened and a new tower and South porch were built. VCH; RCHM; Lysons' Middlesex Parishes. NMR.

Listing NGR: TQ0848173684

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
438466
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Cockburn, J S, King, H P F, McDonnell, K G T, The Victoria History of the County of Middlesex, (1969)
Lysons, D, Environs of London County of Middlesex, (1795)
Other
Inventory of the Historical Monuments of Middlesex, (1937)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Oct 2001
Reference: IOE01/05598/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Adam Watson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].