GRANARY COTTAGE THE OLD BAKEHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1361024
Date first listed:
21-Dec-1984
Statutory Address:
GRANARY COTTAGE, 15A, MAIN STREET
Statutory Address:
THE OLD BAKEHOUSE, 15, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of GRANARY COTTAGE
THE OLD BAKEHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1361024.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2019 at 05:01:49.

Location

Statutory Address:
GRANARY COTTAGE, 15A, MAIN STREET
Statutory Address:
THE OLD BAKEHOUSE, 15, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Leicestershire
District:
Harborough (District Authority)
Parish:
Houghton on the Hill
National Grid Reference:
SK 67970 03562

Details

HOUGHTON ON THE HILL

SK 60 SE MAIN STREET (North Side)

5/11A No. 15 (The Old Bakehouse) and 15A (Granary Cottage)

GV II

House, now 2 dwellings. C18, dated 1760, and early C19. Red brick, in small part rendered, with whitewashed front, and Swithland and Welsh slate roofs with brick ridge and end stacks, those to left and rear truncated. 2 ranges, that to left lower and C18. Two storeys of 4 3-light centre-opening casements, the 2 to right with cambered lintels. On ground floor 4 3-light horizontal sliding sashes with top lights and cambered lintels. 4-panelled stable-type door centre right. Chamfered beams inside. 2 storey part outbuilding wing to rear of left range. Inside this are 2 tie beam trusses with clasped principals. Wing (No. 15A) to rear of right range. Colourwash rendered brick, C20 casements, door, and C20 side stack. Chamfered beams inside. Formerly an outbuilding/granary, converted C20. Tablet on gable inscribed 'T.W.A. 1760'.

Listing NGR: SK6797003562

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
190673
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/00535/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr P J Rawson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].