YULE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1361755
Date first listed:
08-May-1950
Statutory Address:
YULE HOUSE, 8, CATMOS STREET, LE15 6HW

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1361755.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Jan-2021 at 07:12:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
YULE HOUSE, 8, CATMOS STREET, LE15 6HW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Rutland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Oakham
National Grid Reference:
SK 86248 08646

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 31/08/2016 and on 24/10/2016

SK 8608, 6/17

CATMOS STREET (West Side), No. 8, Yule House

(Formerly listed as: No 8 (Judge's Lodging), (Now known as "Yule House")) (Previously listed as: No 8 (Judge's Lodging) (Now known as "Yurle House"))

8.5.50.

II*

Late C17. Date stone on south (garden) front inscribed "ABS 1700" Coursed stone. Stone slate hipped roof. Chamfered stone quoins and band. Moulded stone eaves cornice. 2 stone stacks. 3 cambered dormers with sliding sashes. 2-storeys. 5 windows, hung sashes, all have plain stone surrounds. Central 6-panel door inset in moulded stone shouldered architrave with panelled reveals and rectangular 3-light fanlight. Elliptical moulded wood hood on wood brackets. 4 stone steps. A wing at the back appears to be early C17 and has small windows with moulded stone cornices. On site of an earlier house.

Listing NGR: SK8624808646

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
186454
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/06673/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Tomalin. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].