MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1362112
Date first listed:
17-Apr-1967
Statutory Address:
MANOR HOUSE, MOOR ROAD

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1362112.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Jan-2021 at 04:25:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR HOUSE, MOOR ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Chorley (District Authority)
Parish:
Anglezarke
National Grid Reference:
SD 62104 17193

Details

ANGLEZARKE MOOR ROAD SD 61 NW 10/14 Manor House 17.4.67 - II

Farmhouse. Dated 1604 on quoin at rear left corner, remodelled and extended in C19. Coursed sandstone rubble with quoins, slate roof with projecting eaves and barge-boarded left gable. Three-bay baffle-entry plan with added rear outshut and long C19 extension. Two storeys; single-storey gabled porch in line with ridge chimney at junction of 1st and 2nd bays has long and short jamb stones to outer doorway, stone side benches, inner door with chamfered jambs; to right 2nd bay to has a mullion and transom window now of 10 lights but formerly 14 (left end blocked) under a shortened hoodmould; to left 1st bay has a similar 10-light window which appears to be a C19 copy of the other; 1st floor has mullioned windows of 3, 2 and 3 lights; and 3rd bay has C19 sashed window at ground floor. Left gable has two 2-light mullioned windows at ground floor and a 4-light window above; and partly covering the rear corner a C19 gabled porch with segmental- headed outer doorway, a quoin stone now enclosed by this porch inscribed "1604", and another "RS". (Quoins at the front of this end are inscribed W S and WL 1778). Right gable has inter alia a 2-light mullioned 1772 window; rear has a 2-light cavetto-moulded mullion window. Interior entirely remodelled.

Listing NGR: SD6210417193

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
184265
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].