NORTH EUSTON HOTEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1362181
Date first listed:
26-Apr-1950
Statutory Address:
NORTH EUSTON HOTEL, EUSTON CRESCENT

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1362181.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2020 at 18:37:51.

Location

Statutory Address:
NORTH EUSTON HOTEL, EUSTON CRESCENT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Wyre (District Authority)
Parish:
Fleetwood
National Grid Reference:
SD 33832 48462

Details

1. 5299 EUSTON CRESCENT North Euston Hotel SD 3348 2/2 26.4 .50 II

2. 1840-41. Shown as completed on Decimus Burton's plan of 1841, and built to his design. Contractors: Robert and George Webb, of London, whose contract (signed on 30 November 1840) specified that the building was to be completed by 25 March 1841. Cost was to be £15,043, but additional work came to £27,053. Ashlar. Slate roof, hipped to centre block, and mansard (with ornamental cast iron cresting) elsewhere. Central block has 3 storeys, remainder 2 storeys with attics, Moulded eaves cornice. Continuous 1st floor sill. Crescent plan, with slightly projecting, flat-fronted, 7-bay centre. Sashes. Porte-cochere with 4 fluted Roman Doric columns, full entablature and ornamental cast iron balustrade. 2 shallow round-headed niches on ground floor either side of centre block: 2 sculpted wreaths on 1st floor above these.

Listing NGR: SD3383248462

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
184746
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Jan 2001
Reference: IOE01/02696/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr G M Smith. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email Enric[email protected].