COPSTER HALL FARMHOUSE AND STABLE ADJOINING TO SOUTH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1362364

Date first listed: 13-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: COPSTER HALL FARMHOUSE AND STABLE ADJOINING TO SOUTH

Map

Ordnance survey map of COPSTER HALL FARMHOUSE AND STABLE ADJOINING TO SOUTH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1362364 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Feb-2019 at 14:10:54.

Location

Statutory Address: COPSTER HALL FARMHOUSE AND STABLE ADJOINING TO SOUTH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley (District Authority)

Parish: Salesbury

National Grid Reference: SD 67701 34228

Details

SALESBURY SD 63 SE 5/47 Copster Hall Farmhouse and stable - adjoining to south

- II

House, with southern end now used as stable, 1615, altered probably late C19. Sandstone rubble with slate roof. 2 storeys, with plinth. House of 2 bays. Ground-floor windows modern with plain stone surrounds. 1st floor windows of 6 lights with ovolo-moulded mullions and transoms, and outer chamfer. At the left a sashed window with no glazing bars and plain reveals lights the stable loft. The door, between bays under a glazed porch, has a Cl9 chamfered stone surround with a re-tooled Tudor-arched lintel inscribed: '1615'. Chimneys to each side of house. The right-hand gable wall has 2 double-chamfered cellar windows, partly blocked, of 2 and 3 lights. A projection from the rear wall of the stable, under a catslide roof, appears to be a truncated chimney stack. The left-hand gable wall has a lower ground level. A stable door with plain stone surround cuts through a blocked original window within the plinth. Above it is a pitching hole with plain stone surround, within a blocked window with hood. Inside, the house has 3 C17 panelled doors on the 1st floor and some re-used C17 panelling on the ground floor. Inside the stable the top of a blocked segmental-arched fireplace can be seen in the rear wall, below the present ground level. Above on theist floor is a chamfered fireplace with Tudor-arched head. The roof appears to have a Cl9 king-post truss.

Listing NGR: SD6770134228

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 183532

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing