CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1363012

Date first listed: 25-Aug-1959

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1363012 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 00:08:32.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Tonbridge and Malling (District Authority)

Parish: East Peckham

National Grid Reference: TQ 66161 52169

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 64 SE EAST PECKHAM CHURCH LANE, OLD PECKHAM

2/47 Church of St Michael

25.8.59

- II*

Parish Church mostly C14, heavily restored in C19. Nave with south aisle, chancel and chapel. West tower, c.1300, ragstone covered with Roman cement. Ragstone walling elsewhere. Tiled roof. Perpendicular windows renewed during restoration by Joseph Clarke, c.1857. One Norman window in chancel. Interior: Nave and aisle roofs with crown-post trusses on moulded tie-beams. Brasses of William and Mary Whetonhall in nave, 1539; various large tablets; Elizabeth Goldinge, d.1595; Roger Twysden, 1611; Elizabeth Twysden, 1655; Twysden family, 1689. This church is now in the care of the Redundant Churches Commission.

Listing NGR: TQ6616152169

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 178795

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing