CHAPEL OF SAINT PATRICK

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1365832
Date first listed:
14-Mar-1975
Date of most recent amendment:
19-Jun-1985
Statutory Address:
CHAPEL OF SAINT PATRICK, PARK LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHAPEL OF SAINT PATRICK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1365832 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 01:48:18.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHAPEL OF SAINT PATRICK, PARK LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Liverpool (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SJ 35478 88806

Details

SJ 38 NE PARK PLACE L8

7/877 Chapel of Saint Patrick (formerly listed as Saint Patrick's Roman Catholic Chapel) 14.3.75. II* GV

Catholic church. 1821-27. John Slater. Brick with stone dressings, slate roofs. 2 storeys. Stone base, 1st floor sill course, top freize, cornice and blocking course. 4-bay west front under pediment with Calvary cross. Ground floor segmental headed windows, 1st floor round-headed windows. recessed stair. Wing with Doric tetrastyle porches, blind windows above, entrances in architraves. Statue of St. Patrick on plinth between central 1st floor windows, which are blind. Plaque below records building. Windows have iron casements. Low block at east end has vestries. North stair bay has square louvre. Interior has gallery on 3 sides, on iron columns. Elaborate baldachino of 1953 with Corinthian columns and ornate entablature, the painting under it being 1834 by de Keyser. Segmental arched ceiling, panelled, with foliated roundels and Greek key ornament.

Listing NGR: SJ3547888806

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
359219
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Aug 2004
Reference: IOE01/12470/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Cross. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].