CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1366197
Date first listed:
14-Jun-1984
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1366197.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Feb-2020 at 06:05:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Wincle
National Park:
PEAK DISTRICT
National Grid Reference:
SJ 95863 66074

Details

WINCLE C.P. SJ 96 NE

2/48 Church of St. Michael

GV II

Church 1882 by Edward Witts with tower circa 1820. Buff coursed rubble gritstone with roof of banded grey tiles. A plain rectangular aisleless church of 5 bays with 3-stage battlemented west tower. Plain segmental-headed west window and bell-openings with louvres of Kerridge stone. Ashlar quoins. Plate tracery to nave windows. Lintel from former church inscribed R.B.-H.N.1647 over priest's door. Unadorned interior. Font dated 1861.

Listing NGR: SJ9586366074

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
58160
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Jun 2003
Reference: IOE01/10926/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr J M Pickering. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].