Adams' Almshouses

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1367284
Date first listed:
28-Apr-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
29-Jun-1978
Statutory Address:
Adams' Almshouses, 105, 107, 111 and 116, High Street

Map

Ordnance survey map of Adams' Almshouses
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1367284.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 07-Dec-2019 at 01:31:16.

Location

Statutory Address:
Adams' Almshouses, 105, 107, 111 and 116, High Street

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Telford and Wrekin (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Newport
National Grid Reference:
SJ7441519233

Details

SJ 7419 SW 1/12

HIGH STREET (west side) Nos 105, 107 and 111. No 116 (formerly listed as No 115) (Adams' Almshouses)

28.4.52

GV II 1657. Much restored 1821. Two identical plain gabled buildings, each divided into two tenements; stone gable and side pilasters; two early C19 casement windows; two early C19 plain doorways with ledged, iron studded doors; slates. An inscribed stone tablet on each gable giving date of restoration.

Listing NGR: SJ7441519233

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
255391
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Feb 2003
Reference: IOE01/09147/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr T Kenny. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].