HOLY TRINITY CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1367385
Date first listed:
26-Mar-1968
Statutory Address:
HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, OLD VICARAGE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOLY TRINITY CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1367385.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Feb-2020 at 01:10:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, OLD VICARAGE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Telford and Wrekin (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Great Dawley
National Grid Reference:
SJ 68720 06480

Details

DAWLEY DAWLEY 1. 5362 Old Vicarage Road Holy Trinity Church SJ 60 NE 31/157 26.3.68

II

2. 1845 by H Egington. Perpendicular ashlar-built church comprising; nave, north and south aisles with south baptistery, chancel, north vestry and west tower. Perpendicular traceried pointed arch and flat-headed windows. Embattled parapets to aisles. West tower with diagonal buttresses with set-offs and embattled parapet with pinnacles. Interior: arcades with thin perpendicular piers and wide arches. Large west gallery on cast-iron columns. Good late Norman font, tub-shaped with zig-zag decoration at base and fluted panels above, and tree of life carving on one side. Set into modern churchyard boundary wall a stone with date 1652 and initials D over T.A. and 2 crudly carved heads.

Listing NGR: SJ6872006480

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
362021
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 May 2004
Reference: IOE01/12449/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Lishman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].