LORD'S FARMHOUSE, AND ATTACHED BARN, WALL AND STABLE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1368271
Date first listed:
18-Feb-1966
Date of most recent amendment:
17-Oct-1988
Statutory Address:
LORD'S FARMHOUSE, AND ATTACHED BARN, WALL AND STABLE, 2, QUEEN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of LORD'S FARMHOUSE, AND ATTACHED BARN, WALL AND STABLE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1368271 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2019 at 20:20:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
LORD'S FARMHOUSE, AND ATTACHED BARN, WALL AND STABLE, 2, QUEEN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
West Oxfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Eynsham
National Grid Reference:
SP4346309279

Details

EYNSHAM QUEEN STREET SP4309 (East side) 14/170 No.2 (Lord's Farmhouse), and 18/02/66 attached barn, wall and stable (Formerly listed as Lords Farmhouse and attached barn)

GV II

Farmhouse. Late C17/early C18, remodelled c.1800. Coursed limestone rubble; hipped stone slate roof; brick ridge stacks rebuilt in C20, L-plan with rear right wing. Two storeys; 3-window range. Timber lintel over central late C18 six-panelled door, with carved brackets to open-pediment hood. Timber lintels over 8-pane sashes with shutters to left; timber lintels over deep 6-pane sashes flanking C19 two-light casement with glazing bars on first floor. Rear wing, of limestone rubble with some Flemish bond brick and gabled stone slate roof, was mainly rebuilt c.1800, Interior: C17 step-chamfered beams; stop-chamfered bressumer over open fireplace to left; similar smaller fireplace to right flanked by late C17/early C18 panelled cupboard doors, First floor not inspected. Subsidiary features; barn to left, of similar materials, with timber lintel over plank double doors; 3 metres long wall to rear of barn is connected to late C18 stable of similar materials.

Listing NGR: SP4346309279

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
252251
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Jan 2003
Reference: IOE01/09097/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Sean Bergin. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].