MANOR HOUSE, INCLUDING THE STABLE BLOCK TO THE EAST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1369430

Date first listed: 12-Jan-1954

Statutory Address: MANOR HOUSE, INCLUDING THE STABLE BLOCK TO THE EAST, OSLER ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR HOUSE, INCLUDING THE STABLE BLOCK TO THE EAST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1369430 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 14:25:22.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR HOUSE, INCLUDING THE STABLE BLOCK TO THE EAST, OSLER ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: Oxford (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SP 54186 07431

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

OSLER ROAD 1. 1485 (West Side) Manor House, including the Stable block to the East SP 5407 18/39 12.1.54. II 2. Probably C18-19. House consisting of A 3-storeyed centre-piece facing Sourth with flanking 2-storeyed recessed wings. The South elevation has an ashlar front on rubble with a stone coved cornice and hipped brown tiled roof. There are stone-faced and yellow brick chimney shafts. The centre-piece has in its pediment a sundial in a blocked circular lunette, a stone band at the 1st floor, a Doric-style 2-columned porch and 5 sash windows in plain reveals. The East wing is slightly recessed and is of ashlar and has been extended to the East; it has 4 sash windows. The West wing is more recessed than the East and has 3 sash windows. The North elevation is similar but has a well-proportioned 2-storeyed bay with 3 sash windows, a band at the 1st floor, moulded cornice and a parapet. The contemporary stable block lies to the East and is included in the grading.

Listing NGR: SP5418607431

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 245716

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing