14, ST GILES STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1369453
Date first listed:
12-Jan-1954
Statutory Address:
14, ST GILES STREET

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1369453.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2021 at 06:53:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
14, ST GILES STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
Oxford (District Authority)
Parish:
Non Civil Parish
National Grid Reference:
SP 51216 06792

Details

ST GILES' STREET 1. 1485 (East Side) No 14 SP 5l06 NW 5/528 12.1.54. II GV 2. House and offices. 4-storeyed Cl8-Cl9 ashlar with a rusticated ground floor, area railings. The ground floor windows and the doorway have keystoned architraves. In the 1st floor are 3 tall casement windows, the centre one having a scroll-bracket pediment. The 2nd floor has 3 sash windows with glazing bars. Above a modillioned cornice and in the 3rd floor are 3 sash windows. For a drawing of its state in 1821 see Antq Jnl 27 (1947) plate xxb. Rear elevation part re-faced 1962.

Nos 1, 11 to 17 (consec), 19, 20, Black Hall, Part of Queen Elizabeth House and Nos 22 and form a group.

Listing NGR: SP5121606792

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
245814
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Journal of the Society of Antiquaries of London' in Journal of the Society of Antiquaries of London, , Vol. 27, (1947)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Jun 2006
Reference: IOE01/15291/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Chris Tresise. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].