This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1371384



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.


District: Northumberland

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Seaton Valley

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 15-Jul-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 235965

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


A 190 NZ 27 NE (North side, off) Seghill, Cramlington 4/1 Church of the Holy Trinity GV II Parish church, 1849 by Benjamin and John Green. Squared stone with ashlar dressings; Welsh slate roof. Broad aisleless 4-bay nave with west porch and 2-bay chancel with north vestry. C13 style. Nave with chamfered plinth, sill string and eaves cornice; buttresses at angles and between bays. Lancet windows with chamfered hoods on north and south, taller lancets flanking west porch which has boarded double doors with substantial scrolled hinges on south, in double-chamfered arch; to west of porch is church hall of 1981. Circular window in east gable above chancel roof; coped gables, the western with bellcote: single double-chamfered arch, coped gable with moulded finial. Low chancel with lancets and blocked priests' door on south, lancet triplet to east; coped east gable with bracelet finial cross.

Interior: Double-chamfered chancel arch on corbelled filleted shafts. Panelled western gallery on cast-iron columns. Sanctuary panelling as 1914-18 war memorial. Roof of braced scissor trusses on corbels with strutted upper kingposts. Original patterned glass with coloured borders in east window and in roundel above chancel arch.

Listing NGR: NZ2951375059

This List entry has been amended to add the source for War Memorials Register. This source was not used in the compilation of this List entry but is added here as a guide for further reading, 16 August 2017.

Selected Sources

War Memorials Register, accessed 16 August 2017 from

National Grid Reference: NZ 29513 75059


© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1371384 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2017 at 12:38:56.

End of official listing