VILLAGE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1371863
Date first listed:
04-Jul-1985
Statutory Address:
VILLAGE HALL, MAGPIE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of VILLAGE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1371863.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Nov-2019 at 23:16:35.

Location

Statutory Address:
VILLAGE HALL, MAGPIE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Northamptonshire
District:
South Northamptonshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Sulgrave
National Grid Reference:
SP 55650 45435

Details

SULGRAVE MAGPIE ROAD SP54NE (North side) 4/175 Village Hall

- II

School, now village hall. Early C18. Datestone H.I.M./1720 in right gable. Probably remodelled C19. Coursed squared limestone. Slate roof, brick stack. One storey, 3 bays. Central doorway has moulded stone frame and plank door. Stone sundial above. 2-light window on either side with flat stone mullion and flat stone frame. Coped gable ends with kneelers. Interior not inspected. Built as a charity school for poor boys by John and Mary Hodges. (H. Clifford-Smith, Sulgrave manor and The Washingtons, London 1933, p.177).

Listing NGR: SP5565045435

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
234204
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Smith, H C, Sulgrave Manor and The Washingtons, (1933), 177

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/05260/19
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Alistair F Nisbet. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].