CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1372661

Date first listed: 10-May-1961

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1372661 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Mar-2019 at 05:29:37.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: Broadland (District Authority)

Parish: Attlebridge

National Grid Reference: TG 12944 16861

Details

TG 11 NW ATTLEBRIDGE STATION ROAD

2/1 Church of St. Andrew. 10.5.61.

G.V. II*

Parish church. Nave and chancel of c.1300 with C15 additions. Flint, with some brick; limestone dressings. Smut pantile roof continuous over nave and chancel. West tower, nave, chancel, south porch, north aisle. Slim unbuttressed west tower. Bell openings with three-centred arched heads. String course, with carved rainwater spouts on north and south sides, below C15 embattled parapet. Single light west window with niche of plastered brick below. Polygonal stair turret on north side. South porch has parapeted gable; hood mould with foliage stops over doorway. South doorway with good head stops. Two Perpendicular south windows a C19 restoration. Fabric of chancel c.1300 with flint plinth. Two lancets, that to the west taller and with an inserted transom to form a low-side window. Blocked priest's door between lancets. East window of three stepped lancets under a single arch with good head stops to hood mould. 3-light Perpendicular east window to aisle, apparently unrestored. Two 2-light north windows under square heads, C19 restoration. North doorway with head stops. Diagonal buttresses at north east and north west corners. West parapet of aisle rebuilt in brick. Three-bay north arcade; double- chamfered arches and piers continuous with no capitals, probably C14. Roofs rebuilt C19. Chancel arch formed in timber and set on stone corbels. Squint between north aisle and chancel. In chancel, priest's door blocked to form sedilia; dropped cill sedilia and piscina in south wall. Octagonal font dated 1866. Priest's desk with 10 reused turned balusters with acanthus leaf carving.

Listing NGR: TG1294416861

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 228392

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing