CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1373686
Date first listed:
06-Mar-1959
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1373686.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Feb-2020 at 05:26:23.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
North Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Barsham
National Grid Reference:
TF 91640 33706

Details

TF 93 SW BARSHAM EAST BARSHAM 6/1

6.3.59 Church of All Saints

II*

Parish church. Flint and clunch walls with brick and stone dressings and lead roof. 4-bay nave with north tower cut down to serve as porch; outline of demolished chancel and south transept. Norman south doorway, blocked; c.1200 arched door inside north porch. Buttressed nave with two 3-light perpendicular windows north and south; a third perpendicular window on south side blocked. Perpendicular 3-light east window, and 3-light "Y" tracery west window of C17 or C18. Tower with C13 entrance arch and 5-sided base of tower stairs with brick quoins. Interior: octagonal font on central pedestal screened by circle of piers with trefoil heads. Some C15 glass fragments on north side, C15 Poppyhead benches, C17 pulpit. Wall monument 1640 to Mary Calthorpe, Jacobean classical, bust rising out of coffin. Match-boarded roof with iron collars.



Listing NGR: TF9164033706

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
223495
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/06557/19
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Colin Johnston. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].