CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1374273

Date first listed: 27-Feb-1964

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1374273 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 22:12:45.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Staffordshire

District: Lichfield (District Authority)

Parish: Farewell and Chorley

National Grid Reference: SK 08323 11622

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 01 SE FAREWELL AND FAREWELL CHORLEY C.P.

2/23 Church of St. Bartholomew 27.2.64

GV II*

Parish church. Circa 1300 largely rebuilt in the mid C18 and restored mid C19. Chancel, nave and west tower (with south porch). Stone and red brick; tiled roofs with verge parapets to east. Tower: 1747 brick, only slightly taller than nave ridge, raised string below plain corniced parapet, small round-arch bell chamber openings; gabled south porch with round arch entrance. Nave: 1740 of brick; corbelled eaves band and pilasters at extremities; two bays, round arch Y-tracery windows with keystone heads. Chancel: of one bay and under continuous ridge with nave, C15 panel tracery two-light flat-headed windows to sides; 3-light, pointed east window with intersecting tracery. Interior: nave roof late C19 crown post type. Pulpit: C20, octagonal with carved linenfold panels. Simple font on stand inscribed "A. A. MINN/IR CH WAR/1703". Two ranges of circa 1300 misericords in chancel. Graded II* for surviving medieval fabric and fittings. B.O.E. p.131.

Listing NGR: SK0832311622

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 272634

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Staffordshire, (1974), 131

End of official listing