CHURCH OF ALL HALLOWS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1374391
Date first listed:
08-Apr-1983
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL HALLOWS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL HALLOWS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1374391.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Feb-2020 at 17:58:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL HALLOWS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Telford and Wrekin (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Ercall Magna
National Grid Reference:
SJ 61570 19889

Details

ERCALL MAGNA ROWTON 1. 5362 Church of All Hallows

SJ 61 NW 22/234

II

2. 1881 enlargement of church of medieval origin though little of the medieval masonry appears to remain. It is a widening of the original church and now has a wide nave of sandstone with a tiled gable-ended roof with a very small bellcote corbelled out over the west gable, with a short stone spire. Below the bellcote in the west gable there is a triangular window and a porch dated 1882. The north and south nave windows are plain pointed arch Gothic and there is a buttress with set-offs on the south side. The east wall of the nave and the short chancel are of brick with date 1881. The interior is plain with Victorian furnishings.

Listing NGR: SJ6157019889

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
362097
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Jun 2005
Reference: IOE01/14251/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ian Liston. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].