CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1374422

Date first listed: 12-Mar-1964

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1374422 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Mar-2019 at 04:57:26.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Staffordshire

District: East Staffordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Yoxall

National Grid Reference: SK 14170 19042

Details

1. 5369 YOXALL MAIN STREET SK 1418 7/12 (west side) ----------- Church of St Peter 12.3.64

II* GV

2. Parish Church. Of early C13 origin but largely restored and partly rebuilt in 1865-8 by Henry Woodyer. Built of stone with slate roof. The arcades and aisles are C14 and the much restored south doorway is of circa 1200. Perpendicular west tower. Contains good alabaster tomb with effigies to Humphrey Welles (1565) and his wife and a stone canopied tomb with effigy to Admiral Henry Meynell (1865) by Baron Marochetti.

Listing NGR: SK1417019042

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 273537

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing