CHURCH OF ST LAWRENCE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1374509
Date first listed:
08-Aug-1985
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST LAWRENCE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST LAWRENCE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1374509.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Feb-2020 at 16:02:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST LAWRENCE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Staffordshire
District:
East Staffordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Uttoxeter Rural
National Grid Reference:
SK 06118 33220

Details

SK 03 SE UTTOXETER RURAL C.P. BRAMSHALL

6/186 Church of St. Lawrence - II

Parish Church. 1835. By Thomas Fradgley of Uttoxeter. Ashlar; slate roof. Gothic style; west tower, 3 bay nave and single bay chancel in one with angle buttresses. West tower: 3 stages with crenellated parapet; pointed west door with hood mould; first and second stages have lancet windows, those to first stage with returned hood moulds, third stage has pointed windows with Y-tracery and returned hood moulds. Nave and chancel: Pointed windows to north and south with Y-tracery and hood moulds linked by a string course; pointed east window of 3 lights with reticulated tracery over; pointed south door. Interior: Gated altar rail of c.1700 with twisted balusters. Stained glass: Several fragments in south-west window of nave.

Listing NGR: SK0611833220

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
273894
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 May 2004
Reference: IOE01/12208/19
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Geoffrey R Hood. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].