CHURCH OF ST CLEMENT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1374812
Date first listed:
19-Dec-1951
Date of most recent amendment:
04-Aug-1972
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST CLEMENT, ST CLEMENT'S CHURCH LANE

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1374812.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-May-2021 at 14:12:39.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST CLEMENT, ST CLEMENT'S CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Suffolk
District:
Ipswich (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TM 16873 44222

Details

TM 1644 SE ST CLEMENT'S CHURCH LANE

4/228 Church of St Clement (formerly listed under Waterworks Street)

19.12.51 II*

Mainly C15, with some C14 work in the lower part of the west tower. The exterior is flint with stone quoins. Perpendicular windows and a good clerestory. The chancel is of 1860 and the Church was restored and altered in the C19. The interior has a west gallery with Corinthian columns and carved cornice. A C15 font has 4 wild men and lions on the stem and the signs of the evangelists on the bowl.



Listing NGR: TM1687344222

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
275554
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/10096/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Stuart Appleby. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].