CHURCH OF ST LUKE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1374904

Date first listed: 26-Mar-1968

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST LUKE, CHURCH HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST LUKE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1374904 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Feb-2019 at 18:49:29.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST LUKE, CHURCH HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Telford and Wrekin (Unitary Authority)

Parish: The Gorge

National Grid Reference: SJ 67253 03518

Details

IRONBRIDGE CHURCH HILL 1. 5362 (south-west side) Church of St Luke SJ 6703 NW 15/292 26.3.68

II GV

2. 1836 by Thomas Smith of Madeley. Built by a syndicate of ironmasters. Buff-coloured brick Gothick church with stone dressings and Welsh slate roof. Wide nave with pairs of lancets with lozenge-shaped pane iron-frame windows and gabled buttresses between. Gabled apse with tripartite lancets. West tower in 3 stages, with octagonal angle turrets with stone pinnacles and embattled parapet, lancet bell-openings and clock face below. West doorway at base of tower. Interior: 3 galleries. Stained glass in east window probably by Evans. Similar to Christ Church Wellington q.v. also by Thomas Smith.

Listing NGR: SJ6725303518

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 362152

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing