UFFINGTON HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1375762
Date first listed:
10-Jan-1972
Statutory Address:
UFFINGTON HOUSE, 20, DEE HILLS PARK

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1375762.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2021 at 09:36:58.

Location

Statutory Address:
UFFINGTON HOUSE, 20, DEE HILLS PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Non Civil Parish
National Grid Reference:
SJ 41455 66403

Details

CHESTER CITY (EM)

SJ4166 DEE HILLS PARK 1932-1/6/64 No.20 10/01/72 Uffington House

GV II

Country house. 1885. By EA Ould in the Germanic manner of John Douglas with whom he had been a pupil. Stone and terracotta dressed hard red brick; red clay tile roof. EXTERIOR: Cellars, 3 storeys and roof attic. The garden front towards the river has a 2-window bay between stone-banded octagonal corner turrets. 2 replaced small-paned segmental-arched ground-floor windows. The left turret has tall window in each exposed face, glazing bars removed, the right turret a cross-window in its central face and a 1-light transomed window in each oblique face. Segmental-arched windows to first floor of central bay, giving onto a cast-iron balcony; turret windows; the second floor has a tourelle corbelled from side of right turret. The central bay has a steep hipped roof with a pair of prominent symmetrically placed shaped chimneys. The turrets and tourelle have spire roofs; belled eaves to all roofs; lead finials. The west side has a part-glazed 6-panel oak door in a lean-to and front gable porch; terracotta pilasters. Vacant and with some damage when inspected in June 1992. INTERIOR not inspected, but some features of Douglas-like character are noted.



Listing NGR: SJ4145566403

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
469741
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/07253/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr John L. Wishlade. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].