51 AND 52, BANKSIDE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1376549
Date first listed:
02-Mar-1950
Date of most recent amendment:
17-Sep-1998
Statutory Address:
51 AND 52, BANKSIDE

Map

Ordnance survey map of 51 AND 52, BANKSIDE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1376549 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Oct-2019 at 23:47:35.

Location

Statutory Address:
51 AND 52, BANKSIDE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Southwark (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 32111 80520

Details

SOUTHWARK

TQ3280 BANKSIDE 636-1/2/27 (South side) 02/03/50 Nos.51 AND 52 (Formerly Listed as: BANKSIDE Nos.50-52 (Consecutive))

II

Terrace of 3, now 2 houses, dated 1712. Brown brick with red brick dressings and timber details. Slate mansard with dormers behind rendered parapet. 2 storeys and attic; 1st floor has 3 bays, each of 2 windows. Altered ground floor has two 6-panelled doors in timber doorcases with moulded pilasters and continuous moulded timber cornice extending out over doors to form canopy, supported on carved brackets. Ground floor has sash windows with glazing bars and stucco sills, the 2 right-hand ones tripartite. First-floor sash windows with glazing bars have gauged, flat brick arches and stucco sills with moulded brick cornice above. 1st floor of No.51, with wrought-iron lamp holder, extends over adjacent Cardinal's Cap Alley. Rainwater head bears crown and initials: "BHS 1712". INTERIOR: not inspected.



Listing NGR: TQ3211180520

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
470552
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Feb 2001
Reference: IOE01/03251/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David March. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].